Discover Your Own Backyard!
Join us on a 3-hour journey into the Mighty Waikato’s rich history, notable figures, and iconic landmarks. Develop exceptional customer service skills and create more meaningful manuhiri (visitor) experiences. With knowledge and skills that will make you a local expert, embark on an entertaining, informative, and enriching adventure like no other.
When and Where?
- Cost: $40 +GST
- Time: Three hours
- Available in the following locations:
- Hamilton Kirikiriroa
- Waikato District
- Waipā District
- Matamata-Piako District
- Ōtorohanga & Waitomo Districts
The Mighty Waikato Ambassador Workshop Outcomes:
- People: People do business with people they like. Taking ownership and pride in our town makes it easy to connect with any visitor or customer whether they are known to you or not. It’s the things that cost nothing which create the best visitor experiences.
- Place: Connect with your place and your community. Understand and respect the past, show pride in your town and develop your local knowledge to share with others.
- Culture: Take pride in what you do, build cultural knowledge, your own reputation and brand consistency. We journey through the continual growing markets, looking at how we can authentically connect with these visitors
- Future: The Ambassador workshop inspires people and grows businesses by providing tools to ensure a positive and totally memorable customer experience.
- The workshop is tailored for people in various roles, such as retail staff, front of house, baristas, bar staff, and transport providers; anyone who encounters visitors to our region.
- The aim is to instill pride and enthusiasm in the participants about their districts and the wider Waikato region, turning them into effective storytellers and ambassadors.
- The course content covers the history and unique stories of the district, including the Waikato river, Māori history, early explorers, European settlers, the Waikato land wars, and the region’s current growth and economy.