Purpose of the Fund
The Hardship Fund for Learners (HAFL) helps tertiary education organisations (TEOs) like QRC provide temporary financial assistance for currently enrolled tertiary learners who are facing hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this context, Hardship means any suffering, deprivation or financial challenge faced by a learner due to the COVID-19 pandemic that is interfering with a learner’s ability to progress with their study.
Applications are currently open until 17th December 2021 or until funds are fully allocated.
To apply for the hardship fund you must:
- Be a domestic student
- Be currently enrolled
- Have no outstanding debt with QRC, including the fees for your current enrolment
- Not be within the first 3 weeks of your programme start date
- Be able to demonstrate you are in financial hardship by way of a bank statements
- Complete the application form
- Detail how the impact of COVID has made continuing with study financially difficult.
The hardship fund can be used for:
- Everyday living expenses such as food and bills
- Travel in limited circumstances. For example, if you have had a family emergency.
- Other financial problems which adversely affect study.
It can not be used for:
- tuition fees, compulsory course costs, or compulsory student services fees charged to a student
Student Services are able to assist you with any issues, including those of a financial nature, that are impacting your ability to successfully continue with your study.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a meeting.
For budgeting and financial advice our local Citizens Advice Bureau, located at 44 Stanley Street, is a helpful resource. You can contact them on:
03 442 6799
Online tools such as www.sorted.org.nz can also help with effective budgeting.
Successful hardship applications will be processed by the QRC financial team.
We need to learn a little bit more about the hardship you are currently facing and how COVID has impacted this. In order to allow us to fairly assess each request you are required to:
- A recent bank statement detailing one month of transaction
- Account balances of all bank accounts you hold
- Complete the below form
To ensure we process all applications in a fair and timely manner, we may come back to you if we require any further information or clarification of details provided.
Please allow 7-10 working days for your application to be processed.
No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.