Machine Learning Student Feature: Pedro gives us an insight into the Machine Learning Fundamentals Certificate and where he hopes it will lead him.
Tell us a bit about yourself:
- I am originally from Mexico from the city of Guadalajara, I have a bachelor’s degree on Industrial Engineering, I enjoy going out for hikes, reading going to the gym and traveling specially trying different kinds of food and know their cultures. I used to be Housekeeping manager in Oaks hotel before I started this course.
What made you want to study machine learning?
- I wanted to try something new outside of hospitality and this course was exactly what I was looking for to enter a new exciting industry with huge growth potential.
How did you hear about the course?
- I was looking for studying options in Queenstown and QRC popped out so I checked the available courses and there it was Machine Learning Fundamentals first intake, so I enquired and enrolled.
What has been a high light of the course so far?
- The balance between the theoretical and the hands-on practical stuff, plus the tutors are super knowledgeable and friendly and make you feel welcome regardless of your level of previous knowledge. also, the fact you are learning is based on what the industry needs so after the course you will be able to enter the workforce or at least have a clear path.
How have you found having a tutor?
- Pradeesh is an excellent tutor really patient and knowledgeable, he always makes sure we don’t have any doubts before we can continue to the next subject, and he doesn’t mind any kind of questions or to stay a bit longer after class to explain something else, he makes the class really fun and interactive which helps a lot as the subjects can be very complex from time to time.
What are your plans after the course finishes?
- Look for possible online-remote jobs who can provide the flexibility I want for my lifestyle and be able to travel and work at the same time, knowing that this is a growing industry and this course I believe will give me the tools to be able to find an entry level position in this industry.