We are proud to partner with Air NZ and love when our QRC students go on to work with them. Francesca graduated QRC then went on to work for Air NZ as an international Flight Attendant. Read on to hear about her epic journey to the skies.
Why did you choose to follow a career in tourism/hospitality?
- I chose hospitality/tourism as a career as I found that I suit customer service roles and love the ever growing industry and all the opportunities it offers.
Why did you choose QRC?
- I chose QRC as I could tell it was going to help me reach my full potential to further myself in Hospitality. I loved the classes it had on offer, my favourites were Resort Management, Cooking and Service.
Where was your internship and what was the biggest “take away” from your internship experience?
- I did my internship as a housekeeper at Huka Lodge in Taupo. My biggest takeaway was that in order to succeed you have to work hard and always push yourself to do your best.
Tell us about your journey since leaving QRC
- After QRC I became a chef and also did customer service roles in places around Auckland. I enjoyed putting what I learnt into practice
What role are you in now?
- I am now an international flight attendant with Air New Zealand.
What are your main responsibilities?
- My main responsibilities changes each flight, some days I’ll be on the bar, or at the back cooking meals. But the main responsibilities is keeping the customers safe, comfortable and making sure their flight is the best.
How did your time at QRC help prepare you for your current job?
- QRC helped prepare me for my role by helping me understand what it takes to be a successful worker in the hospitality/ tourism world and the work ethic you need to have to succeed.
What do you enjoy the most about your current position?
- I enjoy the travelling and exploring of new places (of course!) But I most enjoy working with the amazing and diverse team. And also interacting and making connections with the customers.
What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from?
- “You can do anything you want, if you put your mind to it.” My parents gave me this advice, they have been amazing support through my work journey.
What advice would you give to QRC students about to graduate or go on internship?
- If your about to go on internship- Work hard and put your all in (And have fun of course!) If your about to graduate- Congratulations! The world is right in front of you, be wise, stay motivated and always reach for you dreams!