Super yachts, ferries, cruises and more
QRC Tai Tokerau, R. Tucker Thompson & Skipper Training NZ have partnered to provide students with the opportunity to attain the QRC Certificate in Tourism Operations (Level 4) OR the QRC Certificate in Hospitality Service (Level 4) while working towards a Qualified Deck Crew (QDC) certificate* With hands on learning, you’ll be ready to jump straight into boat work!
Course intakes: February & July 2023
021 213 5819
- 17 Weeks
- Hands on shift placements on boats
- Based in Paihia, Bay of Islands
- Great first step for those considering working on super yachts, ferries, work boats and yachts!
- Accommodation and food can be provided
- Only 12 spaces available
- Earn your Tourism Operations Certificate OR your Hospitality Service Certificate & complete the Qualified Deck Crew training with Skipper Training NZ
The QRC Tourism Operations Certificate (Level 4) provides an introduction to the dynamic tourism industry. The programme focuses on the concepts of Manaakitanga and Whanaungatanga, and how these are applied in a professional tourism and hospitality context. Graduates will understand the importance of customer service and interpretation in delivering a unique visitor experience.
The QRC Hospitality Service Certificate (Level 4) provides students with industry current skills and competencies required to enhance the customer experience. The programme will equip students with food and beverage service trends, cultural intelligence techniques and compliance procedures needed to succeed in New Zealand’s dynamic tourism and hospitality industry.
The Qualified Deck Crew training will be provided by Skipper Training NZ, who will prepare students for their final exam. Upon completion of the record book, students will be prepared to undertake their oral exam with Maritime NZ.
To be awarded the QDC certificate you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Complete the QDC training record book
- Have the required ancillary certificates
- Pass Maritime NZ’s final exam
- Prove that you are a fit and proper person
- Be medically fit and have good eyesight (visual acuity and colour vision)
- Be 17 years of age at course commencement
- Completion of NCEA Level 2 or equivalent
*Students will be trained by Skipper Training NZ while completing the Qualified Deck Crew training record book in preparation for the NZ Maritime oral exam.
No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.