Get ready for work on the water this Summer
QRC Tai Tokerau, R. Tucker Thompson & Skipper Training NZ have partnered to provide students with the opportunity to attain the QRC Certificate in Tourism Operations (Level 4) and work towards a Qualified Deck Crew (QDC) certificate* With hands on learning, you’ll be ready to jump on the boats this summer season!
Course starts: July 25th
021 213 5819
- 17 Weeks
- Hands on shift placements on boats
- Based in Paihia, Bay of Islands
- Graduate right in time for summer work in the Bay of Islands
- Accommodation and food can be provided
- Only 12 spaces available
- Earn your Tourism Operations Certificate & complete the Qualified Deck Crew training with Skipper Training NZ
The QRC Tourism Operations Certificate (Level 4) provides an introduction to the dynamic tourism industry. The programme focuses on the concepts of Manaakitanga and Whanaungatanga, and how these are applied in a professional tourism and hospitality context. Graduates will understand the importance of customer service and interpretation in delivering a unique visitor experience.
The Qualified Deck Crew training will be provided by Skipper Training NZ, who will prepare students for their final exam. Upon completion of the record book, students will be prepared to undertake their oral exam with Maritime NZ.
To be awarded the QDC certificate you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Complete the QDC training record book
- Have the required ancillary certificates
- Pass Maritime NZ’s final exam
- Prove that you are a fit and proper person
- Be medically fit and have good eyesight (visual acuity and colour vision)
- Be 17 years of age at course commencement
- Completion of NCEA Level 2 or equivalent