The QRC 2023 scholarship applications are open!
Are you enthusiastic about the hospitality and tourism industry and want to study in Queenstown?
QRC awards FOUR National Scholarships each year; two will be awarded to students wishing to study for a Hospitality Management Diploma and two for the Adventure Tourism Management Diploma. Our scholarships are based on merit and a true desire to be part of the industry. Find out more about our tourism scholarships below!
Queenstown 2023 National Scholarships NZ
The QRC National Scholarships are valued at $6,000 and will be used towards the cost of a student’s second year Diploma tuition fee.
The scholarships are for students who have applied to begin their study at QRC during 2023.
- Enthusiasm for the industry: the desire to pursue a career in hospitality or adventure tourism.
- Commitment and professionalism: a motivation to succeed academically, be a QRC Ambassador and leader for our student body.
- Personal excellence: a good academic record and demonstrated achievement in a range of extracurricular, sporting, community and leadership activities.
The above provides great direction for your individual NZ scholarship application.
Scholarships are open to Citizens or Permanent Residents of New Zealand.
To be eligible to apply for scholarship, a diploma application for study at QRC Queenstown in 2023 must be submitted in 2022 and prior to the scholarship closing date of Friday, 16th September 2022.
QRC National Scholarship Applications are open and will close on Friday 16 September 2022.
Step 1: Complete your Diploma application
Step 2: Complete the scholarship online form on this page and explain in a paragraph – What is the best tourist attraction in NZ and why?
Step 3: Closing Date – 16th September 2022
Step 4: Shortlisted applicants will be notified by the 23rd September 2022. Successful applicants will be asked to submit a short video (3 minutes or less) to essentially showcase who you are.
Step 5: Final Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to be interviewed during the week beginning 10th October 2022. We will request referees / testimonials from shortlisted applicants at this stage.
SUCCESSFUL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON 19TH OCTOBER 2022
Being a scholarship recipient opened many doors for my 9-month internship. You would be crazy not to apply for it!
QRC Tai Tokerau Study Grants
If you are a Domestic student interested in studying at QRC Tai Tokerau Resort College, you may be eligible for a study grant.
Study Grants are means tested based on your family’s combined house hold income and to qualify you need to apply for and subsequently qualify for a StudyLink Student Allowance.
1. Apply to QRC. Submit your online application to begin the enrolment process. Attend a phone or in person interview. Receive a Conditional Offer of Place.
Note: Paper applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Apply for StudyLink. StudyLink is the government organisation that allocates Student Loans to cover your tuition and living costs. Visit the StudyLink website and complete the application process.
3. If your household income is proven by StudyLink to be $95,000 or less you may qualify for the reduced fees.
4. Send your StudyLink documentation to the QRC Students Account Manager at email@example.com.
QRC Study Grants of up to $9,812 are available. If you are eligible, a Grant will reduce Tuition Fees from $13,312 per year to $3,500.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org