2022 Scholarships and Grants
Applications for the 2022 scholarships are now closed.
Are you enthusiastic about the hospitality and tourism industry and want to study in Queenstown?
QRC awards two National Scholarships each year; one to a student wishing to study for a Hospitality Management Diploma and one for the Adventure Tourism Management Diploma. Our scholarships are based on merit and a true desire to be part of the industry.
Queenstown 2022 National Scholarship
The QRC National Scholarship will cover the cost of a student’s full second year Diploma tuition fee ($13,312).
The scholarships are for students who have applied to begin their study at QRC during 2022.
- Enthusiasm for the industry: the desire to pursue a career in hospitality or adventure tourism.
- Commitment and professionalism: a motivation to succeed academically, be a QRC Ambassador and leader for our student body.
- Personal excellence: a good academic record and demonstrated achievement in a range of extracurricular, sporting, community and leadership activities.
The above provides great direction for your individual scholarship application.
Scholarships are open to Citizens or Permanent Residents of New Zealand.
To be eligible to apply for scholarship, a diploma application for study at QRC Queenstown in 2022 must be submitted in 2021 and prior to the scholarship closing date of Friday, 17th September 2021.
QRC National Scholarship Applications are open and will close on Friday 17 September 2021.
Step 1: Complete your Diploma application
Step 2: Complete the online form on this page, explaining in a paragraph why you want to be involved in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Step 3: Closing Date – 17th September 2021
Step 4: Shortlisted applicants will be notified by the 24th September 2021. Successful applicants will be asked to submit a short video (3 minutes or less) to essentially showcase who you are.
Step 5: Final Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to be interviewed during the week beginning 11th October 2021. We will request referees / testimonials from shortlisted applicants at this stage.
SUCCESSFUL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON 20TH OCTOBER 2021
QRC Tai Tokerau Study Grants
If you are a Domestic student interested in studying at QRC Tai Tokerau Resort College, you may be eligible for a study grant.
Study Grants are means tested based on your family’s combined house hold income and to qualify you need to apply for and subsequently qualify for a StudyLink Student Allowance.
1. Apply to QRC. Submit your online application to begin the enrolment process. Attend a phone or in person interview. Receive a Conditional Offer of Place.
Note: Paper applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
2. Apply for StudyLink. StudyLink is the government organisation that allocates Student Loans to cover your tuition and living costs. Visit the StudyLink website and complete the application process.
3. If your household income is proven by StudyLink to be $95,000 or less you may qualify for the reduced fees.
4. Send your StudyLink documentation to the QRC Students Account Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QRC Study Grants of up to $9,812 are available. If you are eligible, a Grant will reduce Tuition Fees from $13,312 per year to $3,500.
You can email email@example.com