The QRC 2024 scholarship applications are NOW CLOSED!
Are you enthusiastic about the hospitality and tourism industry and want to study in Queenstown?
QRC awards FOUR National Scholarships each year; two will be awarded to students wishing to study for a Hospitality Management Diploma and two for the Adventure Tourism Management Diploma. Our scholarships are based on merit and a true desire to be part of the industry. Find out more about our tourism scholarships below!
QRC Queenstown 2024 National Scholarships NZ
The QRC National Scholarships are valued at $6,000 and will be used towards the cost of a student’s second year Diploma tuition fee.
The scholarships are for students who have applied to begin their study at the QRC Queenstown campus during 2024.
- Enthusiasm for the industry: the desire to pursue a career in hospitality or adventure tourism.
- Commitment and professionalism: a motivation to succeed academically, be a QRC Ambassador and leader for our student body.
- Personal excellence: a good academic record and demonstrated achievement in a range of extracurricular, sporting, community and leadership activities.
The above provides great direction for your individual NZ scholarship application.
Scholarships are open to Citizens or Permanent Residents of New Zealand.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, a diploma application for study at the QRC Queenstown campus in 2024 must be submitted in 2023 and prior to the scholarship closing date of Wednesday, 11th October 2023.
QRC National Scholarship Applications opened on the 1st July and close on Wednesday 11th October 2023.
Step 1: Complete your Diploma application
Step 2: Complete the Scholarship Application Form below
Step 3: Closing Date – 11th October 2023
Step 4: Shortlisted applicants will be notified by the 18th October 2023. Successful applicants will be asked to submit a short video (3 minutes or less) to essentially showcase who you are.
Step 5: Final Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to be interviewed during the week beginning 30th October 2023. We will request referees / testimonials from shortlisted applicants at this stage.
SUCCESSFUL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY the 8th November 2023
Being a scholarship recipient opened many doors for my 9-month internship. You would be crazy not to apply for it!
QRC Tai Tokerau Study Grants
If you are a Domestic student interested in studying at QRC Tai Tokerau Resort College, you may be eligible for a study grant.
Study Grants are means tested based on your family’s combined house hold income and to qualify you need to apply for and subsequently qualify for a StudyLink Student Allowance.
1. Apply to QRC. Submit your online application to begin the enrolment process. Attend a phone or in person interview. Receive a Conditional Offer of Place.
2. Apply for StudyLink. StudyLink is the government organisation that allocates Student Loans to cover your tuition and living costs. Visit the StudyLink website and complete the application process.
3. If your household income is proven by StudyLink to be $119,000 or less you may qualify for the reduced fees.
4. Send your StudyLink documentation to the QRC Students Account Manager at email@example.com.
QRC Study Grants of up to $10,038 are available. If you are eligible, a Grant will reduce Tuition Fees from $13,538 per year to $3,500.
SixStar Hospitality Scholarship
SixStar is funded by the Philanthropic Charitable Trust – a group of New Zealand hospitality industry leaders who want to help create more stars to raise professional standards and take the industry forward! The scholarship is for those studying the Hospitality Management Diploma only and will go towards students second year fees.
This is a full tuition scholarship that covers all course fees
- Less any study grants or Fees Free schemes
- Therefore if you use fees free for first year, SixStar will cover your second year fees
Their admin team and Selection Committee will process and review your application. Taking the following factors into consideration when allocating the scholarships:
- Your passion and drive to go further in the New Zealand hospitality industry
- Your long-term commitment to the New Zealand hospitality industry
- Your leadership skills
- Your potential
- Your ability to complete your chosen course successfully
- Your contribution to the New Zealand hospitality industry
- New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Enrolled in a NZQA – Recognised (up to level 6) Hospitality industry qualification (Aka QRC Hospitality Management Diploma)
- You cannot apply for the SixStar Scholarship if you have already commenced studies.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org