Welcome to QRC
QRC is New Zealand’s premier Tourism & Hospitality Management College.
Whether you aspire to a career in adventure tourism or wish to enter the world of hospitality, QRC will prepare you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully pursue your management career. Through a blended delivery of theory, practical & professional learning, QRC encourages you to:
- Think it. Current and specialist theory delivered by industry and academic experts.
- Do it. Practical learning and structured internships built around individual goals and aspirations.
- Be it. Professional application preparing for a career in Hospitality or Adventure Tourism Management.
A focus on professionalism, continuous improvement and positive outcomes underpins the culture. QRC has a reputation for producing industry-specific management graduates who are the employees of first choice. Additionally, QRC has been classified as a Category 1 Provider by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and was recognised as the Private Tertiary Provider of the Year in 2017 (ITENZ).
Industry Advisory Board
QRC regularly consults with high level industry representatives.
Our Industry Advisory Group critiques the relevancy and delivery of our courses and programmes.
- Brian Howie – Director of Operations (Millbrook Resort)
- Chris Ehmann – General Manager (Hilton Queenstown)
- Fiona Boyer – General Manager Customer (NZ Ski Ltd)
- Jim Moore – General Manager (Novotel Lakeside Queenstown)
- Jo Finnigan – General Manager (Hotel St Moritz)
- Jodi Williams – General Manager Global Brand & Content Marketing (Air New Zealand)
- Jolanda Cave – General Manager Jet Boat Operations (Ngai Tahu Tourism)
- Mark Rose – General Manager (Rees Hotel)
- Sally Attfield – Hotel Sector Manager (Tourism Industry Aotearoa)
- Shane Wairau – Human Resources Manager (AJ Hackett)
- Stu Cordelle – General Manager (Canyon Swing)